Welcome to Motorcycles Guide
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Spring Motorcycle Top Ten Checklistfrom: JG Mashino
If your motorcycle has been sitting all winter here is the top ten checklist, before you take that first ride of spring.
1. Check fluids; The oil should be at the same level as your last ride. If not chances are you have oil on your floor or in your gearbox, donít top off your oil, after going through this checklist, let your motorcycle reach operating temp and do a oil and filter change.
The trans case oil should be changed. The fork oil should be checked. Check the
brake fluid level and top off if needed, being careful with this one, you can remove paint with break fluid.
2. Battery; If your battery was stored so it would not freeze, check your fluid level, top off with distilled water, if needed, and give it a 2 amp charge for about two hours. If you let your battery set in freezing conditions, toss it and get a new one. Check your cables when installing, and make sure the vent hose is sound with no kinks or breaks, the vent should hang about 2 in. below your frame.
3. Chains and Belts; Check your rear drive chain or belt for wear, note the sprocket teeth also looking for wear. Adjust your rear drive according to your shop manual. Inspect the primary chain and adjust according to your shop manual.
4. Tires; Check the tire pressure and inspect for tire wear and service. Normal tire mileage is around 8,000 miles, that is if you are not doing burn outs all the time.
5. Engine and Carb; Look over your engine and carb, remove, and clean the air filter, If you did not drain the gas, you may have to clean the carb.
6. Cables; Lube your cables so they work free, checking the brakes and clutch by rolling the bike back and forth. Your brakes should grab and not stick, the clutch should work freely. Your throttle cable should work forward and roll back freely, unless you are using a dead-man throttle, like the stock throttle on my 68 FLH.
7. Lights and Turn Signals; Operate all lights and turn signals, make sure to double-check your brake light and license plate light.
8. Brakes; You checked and lubed the cables, made sure the bike would roll free, now take a close look at the brake pads, rotors, and calipers for wear and proper function.
9. Nuts and Bolts; Depending on what you ride, nuts and bolts that loosen up may be a problem you need to check over your complete motorcycle, checking every one. Nuts and bolts on the engine should be checked after the engine has been warmed up to operating temp. Consult your shop manual.
10. Wheels and Spokes; Check for loose spokes, raise the wheel up so you can spin it around, checking for loose spokes as you go. Note the travel of the wheel for being straight and true. You can tighten any loose spokes with a spoke wrench, being careful to not exceed more than ľ turn per adjustment, again consult your shop service manual for technical details.
Local motorcycles recovered in Macomb County - Port Huron Times Herald
Port Huron Times Herald
Local motorcycles recovered in Macomb County
Port Huron Times Herald
An investigation in Macomb County turned up several motorcycles, including four reported stolen in St. Clair County. According to a statement from the Macomb County Sheriff Department, two of the six recovered motorcycles were reported stolen at the St.
Tip Leads To Bevy Of Stolen Motorcycles In St. Clair Shores
St. Clair Shores home raided; stolen motorcycles found
Police recover stolen motorcycles from St. Clair Shores home
Victory Motorcycles unveils electric Empulse TT - Fox News
Victory Motorcycles unveils electric Empulse TT
Unlike most electric motorcycles that use a single-speed transmission, the Empulse TT has a six-speed manual that only needs to be clutched when changing gears, not pulling away from a standstill, or coming to a stop, when regenerative brakes help ...
Victory Motorcycles Empulse TT Unveiled (Video)
Polaris introduces electric motorcycle, beating Harley to market
2016 Victory Empulse TT
Honda recalls more than 45000 motorcycles - KVVU Las Vegas
Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine
Honda recalls more than 45000 motorcycles
KVVU Las Vegas
The problem potentially includes 45,153 motorcycles. The model numbers affected from 2013 through 2015 are ST1300PA, CB500, CBR500, CRF250L, CBR650, CTX700, NSS300, VT750, VT1300, 2015 CB300F, CBR300 and CBR600. The recall also ...
Honda Recalls over 45000 motorcycles
TEMECULA: City adding two BMW motorcycles to police fleet - Press-Enterprise
TEMECULA: City adding two BMW motorcycles to police fleet
Two new BMW motorcycles will be patrolling the streets of Temecula in the near future. The Temecula City Council on Tuesday night approved a $56,257.56 deal with BMW of Escondido for the purchase of two, fully-equipped police grade motorcycles.
Harley-Davidson Recalling Thousands of Motorcycles - WJHG-TV
Harley-Davidson Recalling Thousands of Motorcycles
In one of the largest recent recalls, Harley is recalling about 185,000 of its 2014 to 2015 Touring series. These include the Road King, Street Glide, Road Glide, Electra Glide, and Ultra Limited models. Harley-Davidson technicians say the reason for ...
Man busted for stolen motorcycles in Macomb County - WXYZ
Man busted for stolen motorcycles in Macomb County
(WXYZ) - The Macomb Auto Theft Squad arrested a man after finding him in possession of six stolen motorcycles. The bikes that were recovered from the man's house in the 21000 block of Elaine Street in St. Clair Shores had been reported stolen from St.
Four bikers injured as motorcycles crash near Keystone - Rapid City Journal
Four bikers injured as motorcycles crash near Keystone
Rapid City Journal
A four-motorcycle crash Wednesday afternoon near Keystone sent four people to the hospital with what were described as non-life threatening injuries. The accident occurred near where U.S. Highway 16A and S.D. Highway 244 intersect, according the Patty ...